Friday, June 20, 2014

Daddy's Girls

Today starts our monthly Mini Crop over at Turtle Soup. I have a challenge up that celebrates the fathers or men in our lives. My layout celebrates my son-in-law and his two daughters. He was in Iraq when his oldest was born and didn't get home to see her until two weeks after her birth. For his second daughter he was there through it all. He looked so proud holding his little baby girl.


All the papers are from Echo Park's Here & Now by Lori Whitlock collection. I've just about used up this collection and when it's all gone I'll miss working with it.

This also fits the 6/16 Got Talent challenge at My Scraps & More where you had to use at least 5 different bold patterned papers and a frame that wasn't around a photo. I thought these papers would be perfect for this challenge

I also used Sketch-N-Scrap's sketch #59 for this layout. I love their sketches! 


8 comments:

  1. What a sweet sweet layout! Wonderful colors scheme and great mix of patterns too! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this layout, and what wonderful photos to document! thanks for sharing with Sketch-N-Scrap

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! Love the colors. Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap.
    Surama

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those papers are really pretty and you have made a beautiful job with the sketch - so glad you played along. Thanks for sharing your wonderful page with us at Sketch N Scrap. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute page and pics!!

    Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh -- just adorable!! Thank you for playing along with us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet page! Thanks for joining us at Sketch n Scrap!! :) Evie

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sweet. Love the pics! Thank you for sharing with us at Sketch ~N~ Scrap!

    ReplyDelete