Thursday, September 15, 2016

Halloween Treat Boxes

Here are a couple of Halloween Treat Boxes I made using the Robin's Nest Friendship Wraps. These are so fun to work with. I thought these would be perfect for a little Halloween gift for my granddaughters. I plan on filling them with little trinkets instead of candy.





Other Products
Ink
Stamps
Washi Tape
Lace Seam Binding
Assorted Ribbons
Glow in the Dark Embossing Powder

To start I assembled the boxes using glue and let them dry so the glue would set well. I then traced each side onto the papers I was using and then hand cut them out and glued them to the corresponding sides. 


Then came the fun part.....adding all the embellishments. 
For the Happy Halloween one I stamped the front panel with a mason jar stamp, spiders and the sentiment. I embossed the spiders with some Glow in the Dark Embossing Powder (and yes, it really does glow in the dark). I also stamped some spiders on all sides and embossed them with the Glow in the Dark Powder. 


On the top I used some Washi Tape and then made some eyeballs using the Large Clear Dew Drops. I punched out some white circles and little green circles, layered them and drew the red veins on the white eyeballs. Then layered them under the Large Clear Dew Drops. Love how these came out!



For the Trick or Treat box I did the same for gluing and adding the paper to the Friendship Wraps.
Then I added the house and ghost diecuts to the front and sides. I also embossed the two ghosts with some of the Glow in the Dark Embossing Powder. For the ghost's eyes I added some of the Spooky Dew Drops.


For the top I used more Washi Tape and added some glittery letter stickers and a couple of Obsidian Diamond Dew Drops.


I decided to add some handles and used some black lace seam binding and added a few bits of colorful ribbon to it. 

These  Friendship Wraps are so cute and very easy to work with. I hope you'll try them!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment