Sunday, November 20, 2016

Christmas Card Set

I recently had a project up at The Robin's Nest Blog and wanted to share it with you. I've been busy making Christmas cards the last couple of weeks and I was asked to make a small set of cards to be donated to one of the local nursing homes in the area.






Robin's Nest Products


Other products used
Cricut
Cuttlebug and Embossing Folders
Stamps, Inks and Embossing Powder

To start I placed 4.25" x 5.5" pieces of the Hunter Green with Gold Glitter Cardstock and Winter Snowflakes Cardstock on the card fronts. I then designed the white die cuts using my Gypsy and Cricut. I used both the negative and positive parts of the die cuts on each of the cards. I attached the negative part on top of the cards. I popped up the positive parts on top of the negatives and offset them a bit to give the cards even more dimension.


As you can see from the close up, I embossed the trees with my Cuttlebug which just made them stand out more. I also stamped and embossed different  sentiments on each card.



And of course they needed a little sparkle so I added some Metallic Gold Dew Drops and Silver Bells Dew Drops to the tops of the negative tree die cuts.

These were fun and easy cards to make and I know they'll be going to someone who can really use them. I was honored to be asked to do this and I'm thinking I just might make some more to donate.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment