Thursday, January 26, 2017

It looks like a cold sparkly winter day

Hello Everyone! Here's a gray monochromatic layout I did for the Robin's Nest Blog recently.  I was inspired by a painting done by Bob Ross. He did a beautiful winter scene in all grays. I went digging through my photos and found this one that looks like a black and white photo except for my granddaughters in the center.


Robins Nest Products



Other Products
Punches
Stickles
Gesso
Glitter
Die Cuts

I started with a piece of white cardstock. I mixed some gesso and black paint to get a grayish color and then applied it randomly to the cardstock. I also sprinkled some black glitter over it to give it a bit of sparkle.


Next I broke out my punches, a snowflake one and a scalloped one. I punched two one inch strips of the dotted back of the Smokey Chevron Cardstock with the snowflake border punch along with a plain white piece of cardstock and then layered them along the bottom of the layout.


I then used the scallop border punch and punched a one inch strip of the Smokey Chevron Cardstock, the Black Daisy Glitter Stripe Paper and the Silver Castles Glitter Cardstock.  I placed them in the center of the background page.


To mat the photo, I first punched 2 opposite corners using a snowflake punch and then backed the photo with white cardstock. I took one of the Orange Crush Cards, cut it in half and added it to either side of the photo. 


I had the die cut trees left over from an earlier project and thought they would be perfect for this layout but they needed something. I decided to run a thin line of stickles around the edges using the No Clog Writing Cap by ScraPerfect. It worked beautifully! I then popped the trees up for some dimension along the bottom of the photo.


The title, You and Me, was cut from the Wedding Cut-Outs Cardstock and I wiped some metallic creme chalk around the edges and then popped it up over a banner cut out of the Black Daisy Glitter Stripe Paper.


I took some of the Rosy Straw and ran that along the bottom punched layers and secured it with some of the Best Ever Glue by ScraPerfect. I also sprinkled several different types of dew drops around the page using some more of the Best Ever Glue by ScraPerfect and the Embellie Gellie by ScraPerfect. That embellie gellie makes it so easy to get the dew drops exactly where you want them!



Here's a final look at my layout:


Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment