Thursday, January 19, 2017

Luray Museum

I've got a layout up today at the ScraPerfect Blog.  We took a trip in October of last year and headed up to the Boston area to see the kids and on the way home we drove down Skyline Drive in Virginia and stopped at Luray Caverns. We found the Luray Museum next door and just had to take pictures of us sitting in this chair made from the base of a huge tree trunk.


I started by getting a little messy using a stencil and modeling paste to create a wood grain looking background. Then I added a few rust colored splats using Lindy's Stamp Gang starburst dauber. I love those things, they are so fun to play with!
While that was drying, I matted my photos with some corrugated paper. I've always had a hard time getting things to adhere well to that type of paper. I used the Best Glue Ever with the No Clog Writing Cap and it worked so well. I was able to get fine lines of glue along the raised parts of the corrugated paper using the  No Clog Writing Cap with the fine tip.


For two of the corners I cut some really thin strips of Core'dinations paper and ran them through my Cuttlebug using a wood grain embossing folder and then sanded them to get the green to come through. Again, I used the Best Glue Ever along with the No Clog Writing Cap with the fine tip to get just the right amount of glue on the tiny strips of paper.


The title is made from stickers and I never have luck with them sticking. So, just in case they don't hold on their own I added a dab of the Best Glue Ever to the back of each letter.  I dare them to fall off now!! lol


Then I decided to add some flowers so naturally I used more of the Best Glue Ever and even used it to hold the twine and strips of paper under the flowers.


Here's another look at the finished layout


Thanks for stopping by and please stop by the ScraPerfect Blog and see all the different things you can do using their fabulous products. 


No comments:

Post a Comment