Thursday, January 12, 2017

Trees

I had a project up at The Robin's Nest Blog several days ago and wanted to show you my project. This photo was taken along Skyline Drive in Virginia last fall. I love old trees like this...it just makes me wonder how old it really is and why it managed to live so long while all the others around it are all gone.


Robin's Nest Products



Other Products
Gesso
Texture Paste
Stencils
Gelatos
Wood Veneers
Green and brown cardstock

To start I decided to get a little messy and broke out the Gesso and Texture Paste. I took the Pinetrees Glitter Cardstock and painted a stripe across it using some white Gesso. Once that dried, I mixed some texture paste with some brown and green gelatos and then using stencils, I added the colored texture paste across the white strip of gesso.


I then worked on matting the photo. I took the Forest Trees Speciality Paper and tore it on 2 sides to fit the photo and then added a brown and green piece of cardstock behind the Forest Trees Speciality Paper. As you can see in the photo I let the matting show only on 2 sides of the photo.


I popped up the photo and matting to give the page some dimension and added 2 of the Leafy Green Cards to the photo also.


I then took 2 of the Outdoors Stickers and patted the sticky backs of them with the Perfect Crafting Pouch by ScraPerfect to get rid of the stickiness and popped them up for more dimension and placed them on top of the stenciled area. I also added some wood veneer pieces that I colored with a brown gelato along with some Blackforest Mini Dew Drops and  Riverbed Tear Drops. To adhere them I used the Embellie Gellie by ScraPerfect and some of the Best Glue Ever by ScraPerfect. It still amazes me that you only need a tiny little drop of that glue and it holds so well and doesn't show through the dew drops.


Here's another look at the final project


Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment