Thursday, May 11, 2017

How To Get The Most Out Of Using Your Scraps

Hi all! I have a layout up at The Robin's Nest Blog that was made using up scraps of some of my favorite Robin's Nest papers. They were all different weird sizes so I decided to cut different size triangles out of them.


Robins Nest Products Used

ScraPerfect Products Used

I started with a green piece of cardstock for the background and added some dimension in a couple of places using modeling paste and a stencil.


I then took my scraps of Pink Glittered Leopard CardstockRosy Chevron Cardstock (reverse side)Rosy Diamond Cardstock (reverse side) and Spring Stripe Glitter Cardstock and cut different sizes of triangles using my Cricut. 


I matted the photo with some white cardstock and placed that on top of my triangles.


Decided it needed some more triangles so cut some smaller ones and randomly placed them around.


I used some wood veneer for the title and covered it using some ScraPerfect products. I coated the wood with some of the Best Glue Ever let it dry and get tacky and then laid the Transfer Foils on top and burnished with my finger. Pulled it off and the foil had transferred to the wood. I also took some pink gelatos and ran them across some areas of the modeling paste just to give it some more definition.


Next, I had some bright pink wood veneer butterflies that needed a little dressing up and what better way than to add some Diamond Dew Drops. The easiest way to do this is with some more of the Best Glue Ever with the No Clog Writing Tip attached. I also used the Embellie Gellie  for exact placement of the Diamond Dew Drops.


For the final parts I added some of the Butterfly Dew Drops along with one of the Glitter Word Titles and Rosy Cards.



See what you can do with some of your scraps!
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment