Monday, June 5, 2017

How To Make A Pretty Red, White And Blue Layout

I'm up on the ScraPerfect Blog today with a cute layout of my two granddaughters waiting for the Memorial Day Parade.
I've also used this layout for a DT Sketch Reveal going on today at Creative Inspiration. 



Here's the sketch



This is a fairly simple layout aside from the cluster of stars and flowers. What made this layout so easy was using the Best Glue Ever to arrange the stars and flowers. Since the glue dries tacky, it gives you time to move the embellishments around until you're happy with your arrangement.  It was also easy to wind the thick twine through the flowers and tuck it in between the flowers using just a dot of the Best Glue Ever.


And here's another tip. I decided I wanted to use a polka dot background but of course I didn't have any that went with my photos. So I made my own. I took a piece of blue cardstock and some white paint. I then dipped the non brush end of a paint brush in the paint and added dots of paint all over the cardstock. I love how it came out, you can add as many polka dots as you want and just think of the limitless colored polka dot paper you can make!


I will definitely be making my own polka dot paper in the future!


Thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment