Wednesday, July 19, 2017

How To Scrap Colorful Photos

I've got a very colorful layout up at the ScraPerfect Blog today. These two photos had a lot of bright colors in them and kind of intimidated me. I wasn't sure what colors to pull from the photos so I decided to try them all.


I started with a plain white piece of cardstock and picked out a stencil and several different ink pads. I just randomly sponged ink on the stencil moving it around the paper. I also did some random stamping using black ink around the page and added some navy blue splatters.



I added the photos and then dug through my stash for some embellishments. I finally settled on a few word stickers and some wood veneer that I inked. And of course I used some of the Best Glue Ever for the wood veneer. It really holds so well and you can use so little so it's very economical. Then using my Cricut I cut the title and used more of the Best Glue Ever  along with the No Clog Writing Cap . Using that cap makes it so easy to adhere skinny little letters to your layout. You can get the tiniest drop of glue on those letters so it won't seep out the side and if it does it dries clear so you don't have to worry about it. I also added some washi tape to the top and bottom corners of the page. 



I was worried the background might be too busy for the photos but I think I like how it came out.


Thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment