Saturday, September 8, 2018

Dies R Us Design Team

I am so excited to be trying out for the Dies R Us Design Team! I love working with dies and they have a huge amount of dies, from many different companies, on their website. You should check it out and see for yourself!

Here are my 3 cards I submitted for consideration. 

 My first one is a clean and simple card. I started by inking up a piece of cardstock with 3 different colors of Distress Oxides and then sprinkled some water on it to get a mottled effect. I then cut the leaves out of a white piece of cardstock using an MFT die and I also used a stitched die from Gina Marie for the edges. I then backed that with the inked piece and popped it up on a white card. I stamped and embossed the sentiment and then added a few flower sequins.


For the second card I got a little messy.  I again inked up a piece of cardstock with some Distress Oxide inks and then die cut the heart using the Sizzix Sizzlets Scribbles and Splat die. The sentiment was also cut from a set of dies. I used some watercolor paint on the background and then flicked some Tattered Angels and Dylusions mists around. Then I glued everything down using the Best Glue Ever from ScraPerfect and added some shiny sequins to give it a little sparkle. 


For my last card I decided to go masculine.  I started with a muted blue and green piece I found in my scraps and then stamped and die cut the motorcycle and flames using a Sizzix stamp and die set. The sentiment banner was cut using the Lawn Fawn Bannertastic stamp and die set.


So please keep you fingers crossed for me! I really hope I make this team. It'll give me a good excuse to buy more dies cause you can never have too many, as far as I'm concerned. lol

Thanks for stopping by!





No comments:

Post a Comment