Friday, October 19, 2018

Party Time Card

We've got a Mini Crop going on over at Creative Inspiration and my challenge is to try a different background on your layout or card. I'm always searching for new techniques and found this fun and fairly easy one by Jennifer McGuire Ink that she calls Rotating Stencils.
Here's the Youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5f4XIaBk19I

Here's my card


I pulled out 6 different colors of my Distress Oxides and a piece of white cardstock. The stencil I used was Balzer Designs Mini Burst by TCW. I laid the stencil down and rubbed some ink over a portion and then turned the stencil slightly and rubbed the next color of ink overlapping on some of the 1st color and just continued around the cardstock with the different ink colors. I then did the same thing using some Bo Bunny Stencil Paste in whisper to add some dimension and shine. The photo doesn't do this card justice. It's much prettier in person....at least in my opinion.

I hope you'll join us over at Creative Inspiration and check out our Mini Crop challenges and play along with us.

Thanks for stopping by! 




No comments:

Post a Comment