Friday, May 2, 2014

National Scrapbook Day

We're having a National Scrapbook Day Mini Crop over at Turtle Soup. There are lots of fun challenges, games and prizes! The crop is from May 2nd through May 11th so you'll have lots of time to complete all the challenges.

My challenge for the mini crop is an inspirational one. With summer coming I chose a nice relaxing beach scene to use as inspiration. You can pull so many ideas from this photo like color, beach or vacation photos, water related activities or just plain old relaxation.


I decided to go with a water and vacation theme. This photo was taken on my honeymoon in Hawaii. We were at Hawaii Volcanoes National Park and saw this arch that was formed by lava. What an amazing and very interesting park to visit! 


For this layout I decided to try and make the background look like water. I sprayed two different colors of mist and some water on a mat and then just placed the cardstock on top and kind of mushed it around. I let it dry and then added some dots using a mask and some modeling paste. All the papers on here are from my scrap pile.....yay, I love using up my scraps!

So come join us for all the NSD festivities over at Turtle Soup! Be sure and bring a friend for an extra entry in the prize drawing. Hope to see you there!


No comments:

Post a Comment