Friday, June 6, 2014

Cousins

It's Friday and that means it's time for another sketch reveal at My Scraps & More Sketches Blog. I have so much fun with the sketches there.


And here's the sketch we had to work with


I've been wanting to scrap this photo of my grandkids for a while now. I decided this sketch would be perfect for it. I didn't want to make this too girly or too boyish so I used both pink and blue for the colors. I tried a new technique (at least for me) around the corners of the page. I used a Cuttlebug border embossing folder to make the zigzag lines. I used Core'dinations white washed paper, put it in the embossing folder and used my rolling pin to emboss it and then took some sandpaper to it. I love how it turned out. I saw this technique on the Turtle Soup June 3rd  TTT challenge and I'll also be entering this layout in that challenge.

Please come and join us at My Scraps & More for some fun sketches! Hope to see you there!




No comments:

Post a Comment