Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Mama & Me

Here's a layout of my stepdaughter and granddaughter at Sesame Place. Cadence wasn't too sure about this ride but as everyone knows, it's always better when mama holds your hand.


This is for the My Scraps & More Got Talent 6/14 Challenge. You had to use busy background paper, your title had to be a sentence and you had to use at least three different types of alphas. Busy paper always scares me. But using a tip from Missy at My Scraps & More, I decided to give it a try. She suggested you paint your busy paper with gesso to soften it up. I only used the gesso around the photo area and I was surprised at how much it seemed to calm down all the busyness of the background paper. Then I used some blue and green gelatos to define the photo area a little. I really like how it turned out and will definitely be using this technique again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment