Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Drippy Birthday Card

Today I've got a Technique challenge up at Turtle Soup.  I chose a technique using Gelatos that I've been wanting to try for a while now. I found this video by Donna Downey on Youtube and she made it look so easy that I decided to give it a try. 



I coated my cardstock with Gesso, then scribbled and blended 3 different pink Gelatos across the top, spritzed it with water and watched the magic happen. I couldn't believe how easy it was not to mention fun and messy! I sprinkled some table salt on the drips to get all the little dots on some of the drips. Then I added the flowers and leaf which I recycled from an old store bought birthday card. The butterfly is from a Marthat Stewart punch and then I stamped and embossed the Happy Birthday. I love how this came out and now want to try this technique on a layout. 

So come on over to Turtle Soup and play along with us! 

1 comment: