Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Debossed Christmas Card

I've got a blog post up at ScraPerfect today. I was playing around with my embossing folders one day and tried a new technique. I saw something similar to this using metal dies on Jennifer McGuire Ink's Facebook page. I don't have many Christmas dies so I decided to try the same technique with embossing folders.



I took an Anna Griffin wreath embossing folder and first wiped it clean using the Perfect Cleaning Cloth. Then I tapped the inside of the embossing folder with the Perfect Crafting Pouch. I took my embossing ink pad and swiped it on the side of the folder with the most raised edges and placed my paper in it being careful not to let it slide. Ran it through my Cuttlebug and carefully removed the paper and sprinkled the debossed side with clear embossing powder and heat set it with my heat gun. It came out beautifully! All the debossed areas really pop and it looks like the wreath is laying on top of the paper. 
To give it some sparkle I took my Wink of Stella Clear pen and just brushed it on the ribbon and then used a silver Wink of Stella pen to outline the pine cones in the center of the bow. Then added some candy cane Stickles to the berries on the wreath. 
I layered it on some red and white striped paper and rounded all the edges along with the card base. 
I love how this came out! 

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment