Wednesday, August 23, 2017

How To Decorate A Pretty Travel Journal

I've got a fun little project up at the ScraPerfect blog today that will help you keep your vacation keepsakes organized. Whenever we go on vacation, I always keep ticket stubs, receipts and brochures that I think I might use when I get around to scrapping the photos. I usually just stuff them in my purse or suitcase and they get wrinkled and sometimes even lost. Or I can't even remember what they were for. So, I decided to make a Travel Journal to take along with me.



I won this Brag Book several years ago and couldn't figure out what to do with it. It came with journaling pages, 2 slot photo sleeves and pocket pages. Sounds perfect for a Travel Journal, right? 
It had a blank cover so I definitely had to decorate it. I dug through my stash and found all these travel themed embellishments that would be perfect for a Travel Journal.


Now, I wanted to be sure all these embellishments were adhered strongly to the cover, so of course I grabbed my bottle of the Best Glue Ever along with the No Clog Writing Tip. Some of those embellishments were very tiny and needed just a thin line of glue so the No Clog Writing Tip came in very handy. And here's another tip.....the get out there embellishment is a clear piece of plastic and naturally you don't want any glue to show through so I applied some of the Best Glue Ever behind the letters and let it get tacky before sticking it down on the paper. That way it wouldn't squish outside of the letters and show through.

Here's another look at the final project



I plan on sitting down every evening and organize my keepsakes and writing about what we saw and did that day. That way everything will be in one place when I get around to scrapping our vacations.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment