Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Hummingbird Note Card

I've got a cute little note card up on the Dies R Us Blog today.  I love to watch the hummingbirds in my backyard and when I saw this die by Memory Box, I knew I had to have it!
 

I started working on the hummingbird first with a piece of white cardstock and several different colors of  Distress Oxides. I just sponged the inks across the cardstock and then die cut the hummingbird out.


Once I cut the hummingbird out I colored over it with a clear Wink of Stella pen to give it some sparkle and shine. It gave it the iridescence that I've seen on some real hummingbirds.
 These photos don't do it justice.

Then I die cut all my other pieces.


I used a white card base and layered some pink cardstock on it and added the white floral background die cut on top. I popped up the pink stitched oval die cut to give the card some depth and added the hummingbird on top. I also added some flower shaped sequins around the stitched oval.


Supplies

Memory Box - Dies - Marvelous Hummingbird

Impression Obsession - Dies - Floral Background

Tutti Designs - Dies - Nesting Stitched Ovals

Zig - Wink Of Stella - Clear


Don't forget to come join in the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog. There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store


For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below.
                       FRIENDS OF DIES R US PINTEREST PAGE 

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment