Monday, January 6, 2020

AHSC #350

We've got another card sketch up today at Atlantic Hearts Sketches Challenge Blog. I tried a new technique on my card and I love how it came out.


Here's the sketch


I saw this technique on a Jennifer McGuire video using stamps, heat embossing and an iron.
I first made the background using some Distress Oxides and then stamped the silhouette flowers and heat embossed using clear embossing powder. Then I placed a piece of plain white copy paper over the flowers and then a folded towel on top. Then using an iron, turned on high with no water, I ironed over the flowers. That removes the melted embossing powder and gives it a smooth crackled look. Unfortunately you can't really see it in the photo but it looks so nice!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment