Sunday, March 13, 2016

Hello

I've got a Sunday Card sketch challenge up today at Turtle Soup. We're having a March Sketchathon this month so please stop by and check out all the awesome card and layout sketches.

Here's today's sketch


And here's my take on it


I really had fun with this. I spread a light coat of gesso on the background paper to lighten it up, then mixed texture paste with some orange gelato and used a stencil to apply it. After it dried, I sprayed some white color shine on to give it a bit of sparkle and then distressed the edges. Added some washi tape, twine and a hello sticker. 

So, if you like sketches please stop by Turtle Soup and play along!


3 comments:

  1. This is just so beautiful! I love all of your work, but this one really caught my eye with the colors and asymmetrical background!! Simply a brilliant card! Bloggie Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun card! Love the colors and background. bl

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fantastic card! Love the colors! I just recently bought some texture paste to try, but haven't had a chance to play with it yet. I love the way it looks! -BL

    ReplyDelete