Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Thinking of You

I've got a challenge up at Creative Inspiration today. I was looking for tutorials using Distress Oxide Inks and found a great one on Split Coast Stampers.
Here's the link to their tutorial www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/watercolorimprints/.


I took a piece of watercolor paper and inked it up using 2 different colors of Distress Oxide Inks. I sprayed it with water and placed a stencil on top of it and let it dry. Waiting for it to dry was the hardest part because you don't want to lift up the stencil before it's dry. (Believe me, I tried it!) Once it's dry, remove the stencil carefully because the stencil is still full of ink. You can mist another piece of paper and reuse the stencil and you'll get a lighter version of the 1st one. Then I just added the sentiment and stamped image. I love this technique!

Please stop by Creative Inspiration to play along with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment