Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Thanksgiving Card

I'm here today with my first post for Dies R Us. I am so excited to be on this amazing team. So let's get to my first project.

Fall is my favorite time of year so I had to start with a fall card using some Lawn Fawn Dies and Paper along with several Distress Oxide inks.


I started by taking a white piece of cardstock and 6 different colors of my Distress Oxide Inks and applied the inks in a random pattern overlapping them to get some beautiful fall colors. I then used that piece of cardstock to cut out the leaves for the wreath.




For the base of the wreath I used a spring sprig die from Lawn Fawn and cut that out of brown cardstock even though it doesn't show in the final result.


I then assembled the wreath with all the leaves and added a twine bow at the bottom and some orange stickles around the wreath to give it some bling. I used an old Sizzix Thinlets Mixed Media die to cut out a piece of orange cardstock and added a piece of Lawn Fawn Watercolor paper behind it. I then assembled the card on a kraft card base and since I had a few leaves left over I tucked them into the bottom left corner. I added the stamped and embossed sentiment and it was done.


Supplies Used:

Lawn Fawn - Stitched Leaves Dies

Lawn Fawn - Spring Sprig Dies

Lawn Fawn - Paper Pad - 6

Distress Oxide Ink Pad - Spiced Marmalade
Distress Oxide Ink Pad - Fossilized Amber

Distress Oxide Ink Pad - Peeled Paint
Distress Oxide Ink Pad - Fired Brick
Distress Oxide Ink Pad - Lucky Clover
Distress Oxide Ink Pad - Vintage Photo
Don't forget to come join in the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog. There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store. For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment