Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Birthday Easel Card

 We've got a new card challenge up at Cookin' Up Creations today. Every month we have a new card challenge  and you have a whole month to enter the challenge. This month's challenge is to make an easel card. I've always wanted to try one but just never got around to it. I recently watched a couple of Jennifer McGuire's videos on easel cards and finally tried one. I was surprised at how easy they are. Here are the videos I watched: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uouq3fpGC9U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGgc1Bm73gQ

Here's my example


I started with a white base and then used a stencil and Distress Oxide inks to make the swirly background and matted it in black. The Happy Birthday was die cut 3 times to really make it stand out. The sentiment is from a MFT stamp set which I matted in two different pinks and again in black.
I love how this turned out and will definitely be making more easel cards!

Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment