Monday, September 14, 2020

Happy Halloween

We've got a new card sketch up at the Atlantic Hearts Sketches Blog today. This week's sketch is so versatile and it got me to thinking about making some kind of a holiday card. After going through my stamps I decided I wanted to make a Halloween card. So come play along with us and be sure to check out the blog on Wednesday, that's when all the DT members cards will be published for this weeks sketch.


Here's the sketch


I got these stamps last year and had never used them. When I stamped the coffin it took forever to get good coverage and it still has some spots that didn't take the ink real well. I cleaned it several times and tried all different kinds of inks. I finally decided it would be ok since it was for Halloween. Anyway, I used a black card base and layered the orange and black plaid paper on top and then after stamping the coffin and crow I mounted them on black paper and tore around the edges. I found a caterpillar in my sticker stash for the crow and couldn't resist giving the crow a red eye. The sentiment was stamped with Versamark ink and embossed with white embossing powder.

Thanks for stopping by!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment