Sunday, March 19, 2017

How To Make A Card Sparkle With Glass Bead Paste

I've got a post up at ScraPerfect today and wanted to share it here with you.  I had so much fun making this card. I finally got around to trying some glass bead texture paste and I love it! I highly recommend it....the texture and sparkle it adds to your project is amazing. We're also doing a cross promotion with Lawn Fawn so I got to use some of their wonderful die and stamp sets.

 

I started by mixing some Liquitex glass bead texture paste with a couple of different colors of gelatos. I taped a stencil down to a piece of the Lawn Fawn Watercolor Wishes paper  and applied the paste trying to get it as even as possible. Not an easy thing to do because if you scrape your spatula across it, it will remove the glass beads.  I just played around with it til I was happy and then set it aside to dry which takes a while....I even left it overnight just to be sure it was dry. Then I used some of the Best Glue Ever along with the Embellie Gellie to add some black nail heads to the centers of the flowers. The Best Glue Ever is so good at adhering things to a bumpy surface and you only need a little bit and the  Embellie Gellie makes it so easy to get your little doodads placed just right.



Now it was time to play with the Lawn Fawn stamps and dies. I used the Bannertastic Stamps and Bannertastic Lawn Cuts Die to make my sentiment banner. I also used another piece of the Lawn Fawn Watercolor Wishes paper for the banner.


Here's another look at my card


Hope you have a scrappy day and thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment