Saturday, March 11, 2017

Pirate Layout

I've got a sketch challenge up today at Creative Inspiration. We're having a month long sketchathon with prizes and all sorts of layout and card sketches. Stop by and check us out!


Here's the sketch 

 

I had fun with this sketch! For the background I took an ink pad and swiped ink all around a white piece of cardstock and then using a stencil and modeling paste added the raised ridges all over. Then I took a red and black ink pad and swiped them over the modeling paste.  I added minimal embellishments because I didn't want to take away from the background. 

These photos are from a quick trip we took to Epcot a few years ago. We stayed at the Caribbean Beach Resort in the Pirate themed rooms. It was fun, which we really needed right then. 

Thanks for stopping by and hope to see you at our month long sketchathon at Creative Inspiration!



No comments:

Post a Comment