Friday, March 31, 2017

How To Upcycle A Simple Spice Jar Into Something Cute

Hello Scrappy Friends! I've got an altered project up at the ScraPerfect Blog today and I'd like to show you how I transformed a simple spice jar into a cute little container.



This is what I started with. It was a very old (like probably 20 years old) spice jar. My mother had saved a couple of these and I found them when I cleaned out her house a couple of years ago.


I peeled as much of the label off as I could and had quite a mess left on the jar.


As you can see, I grabbed my Best Cleaner Ever and went to work on it. Look how nice and clean it came out!


Now comes the fun part of decorating the jar. I took two different colors of jute that I wanted to wrap around the jar. I used some of the Best Glue Ever and painted around the middle of the jar with it. I then wrapped the jute around and it held beautifully.


And since we've been doing a cross promotion with Lawn Fawn I used their stamps and dies to create a banner for the label. I used the Bannertastic stamp and die set. Their dies and stamps are just the cutest and they cut and stamp so crisply!


I also added several flowers and leaves and since it's a container for my pins I added two pearl stick pins. For the lid, I used some more of the Best Glue Ever to glue the ribbon and raffia around the side of the lid. This was adhering fabric to metal and the Best Glue Ever worked perfectly! For the top of the lid I just punched out a circle and placed a flower on top.



Here's another look at the finished project.


Thanks for stopping by and have a scrappy kind of day!

No comments:

Post a Comment