Saturday, August 1, 2020

Holiday Wishes

It's a new month so that means a new card challenge over at Cookin' Up Creations. You never know what kind of card challenge it'll be, but you can play along all month and make as many cards as you like. Just be sure to post them in the gallery there and in the Monthly Card Challenge thread. So for this month I thought it would be a good time to start working on Christmas cards. I know if I don't start early I won't get them all made and then I have to go buy some. And then I get complaints from friends that they didn't get a handmade card. So I thought I'd start now....who's with me?

Here's my first Christmas card for 2020


I just got this Santa die at Tuesday Morning and couldn't wait to use it but couldn't decide how to use it. I finally decided the only way was to use it as a silhouette. So I decided to create a nighttime scene in the background with some Distress Oxides for the night sky and then die cut the birch trees and hills of snow. Then I decided to put a frame around it like you would be looking out a window and seeing the shadow of Santa going by. 

I hope you'll stop by and play along with us. By the way, this month's theme for the layout challenges at Cookin' Up Creations is TV Game Shows. It's gonna be a lot of fun! Hope to see you there!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment